Researchers on the CECS project have published several peer-reviewed journal articles, either fully or partially supported by CECS through the California Strategic Growth Council’s Climate Change Research Program with funds from California Climate Investments—Cap-and-Trade Dollars at Work.
You can find a list of papers published to date below. Click on the links in blue to access the manuscript for each publication.
- Chen, B., Y. Jin, E. Scaduto, M. A, Moritz, M. L. Goulden, J. T., Randerson, Climate, Fuel, and Land Use Shaped the Spatal Pattern of Wildfire in California’s Sierra Nevada, Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, doi: 10.1029/2020JG005786, 2021.
Chen, Y., J. T. Randerson, S. R. Coffield, E. Foufoula-Georgiou, P. Smyth, C. A. Graff, D. C. Morton, N. Andela, G. R. van der Werf, L. Giglio, and L. E. Ott, Forecasting global fire emissions on sub-seasonal to seasonal (S2S) timescales, J. Adv. in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES), doi:10.1029/2019MS001955, 2020.
Graff C., S. Coffield, Y. Chen, E. Foufoula-Georgiou, J. Randerson, and P. Smyth, Forecasting daily wildfire activity using Poisson Regression, IEEE Transactions in Geoscience and Remote Sensing, doi:10.1109/TGRS.2020.2968029, 2020.
- Hantson, S., T. Huxman, S. Kimball, J. Randerson, M. Goulden, Warming as a Driver of Vegetation Loss in the Sonoran Desert of California, Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, doi: 10.1029/2020JG005942, 2021.
- Huang, Y., Y. Jin, M. Schwartz, and J. Thorne, Intensified burn severity in California’s northern coastal mountains by drier climactic condition, Environmental Research Letters, 2020.
- Ma, Q., R. Bales, J. Rungee, M. Conklin, B. Collins, and M. L. Goulden, Wildfire controls on evapotranspiration in California’s Sierra Nevada, Journal of Hydrology, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.125364, 2020.
- Roche, J., Q. Ma, J. Rungee, and R. Bales, Evapotranspiration Mapping for Forest Management in California’s Sierra Nevada, Frontiers in Forests and Global Change, doi:10.3389/ffgc.2020.00069, 2020.
- Safeeq, M., G. Gordon, S. Lewis, and S. Hayes, Disentangling effects of forest harvest on long-term hydrologic and sediment dynamics, western Cascades, Oregon, Journal of Hydrology, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2019.124259, 2019.