Science-based solutions for land management
The Center for Ecosystem Climate Solutions (CECS) is developing the science-based tools California needs to more effectively manage its natural lands for climate change.
CECS brings together researchers, managers, and practitioners from across the state, who are all working to improve the health and resilience of our communities and the ecosystems we depend on.
- Mapping the impacts of climate, fuel, and land use on Sierra Nevada wildfire patterns March 1, 2021
- A sneak peek at “California’s Watershed: Healing” February 19, 2021
- Stijn Hantson’s Research on Wildfire Spread Featured in “Science” December 9, 2020
- Mitigating the Lasting Effects of Wildfire November 18, 2020
- Roger Bales & Martha Conklin Discuss Wildfire Solutions in “The Conversation” October 20, 2020
- Wildfire on the Rise Since 1984 in Northern California’s Coastal Ranges September 22, 2020