CECS will soon be accepting applications for the 2021 Summer Intern Cohort!
Interns will join our team for eight weeks, focusing on communicating CECS’s scientific research and technology products to stakeholders, including federal, state, and local agencies; NGOs; community groups; and more. This work will involve:
- Distilling complex research into accessible, engaging content for blogs, social media, videos, and more
- Interviewing and working with stakeholders to develop tailored science communication products for a range of audiences
- Collaborating with other CECS interns, scientists, engineers, and technical experts to create brief reports of research products and findings
Interns can expect to gain skills related to:
- Written and verbal communication for diverse audiences
- Emerging strategies for science communication, particularly using digital media
- Stakeholder engagement and outreach
- Project management
The online application will be posted soon–check back in late February!
The internship will be conducted remotely and is open to motivated and inquisitive undergraduates majoring in earth science, environmental science and policy, communications, ecology, natural resource management, or other related fields. Applicants should be currently enrolled undergraduates who will have completed at least their sophomore year by summer 2021; high school students, rising sophomores, or graduate students are not eligible to apply.
Interns will be compensated $15/hr. and will work 40 hrs./week for eight consecutive weeks. Interns must be available for the full eight weeks (June 21 – August 13).
Required application materials:
- A current Resume/CV
- Statement of Interest outlining how your skills and interests align with the position description
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
- 2-3 References (contact information only)
Please see our Internship FAQs page for more information.